Monday 26 September 2016

OVERVIEW OF MILAN SS17

So Milan has finished and we only have one more Fashion week left ... I swear they just fly by! Which means that my visit to Paris is creeping up very soon, maybe a little too soon as I haven't even packed or organised anything!! But I am super excited and particularly excited to be there whilst Fashion week is on, if I haven't already mentioned ... 

Once again I will be talking through some keys 'trends' that I spotted during Milan Fashion Week for Spring/Summer, so let's get into it. 

Drawstring Detail
It's time to embrace the drawstring after Milan Fashion Week. Drawstring was used by many designers to add all kinds of character to an outfit. Jil Sander and Max Mara snitched in the waist, Versace used to it gather their nylon dresses to create a ruching effect and Marni used it to add volume to their garments. Already forecasting ruching to be a top trend for SS17 from previous shows, incorporating drawstring to create this hits two birds with one stone. I also particularly like the clinching in of the waist using drawstring which a lot of jumpsuits already possess on the high street. 



Bows
Now you may be thinking that you definitely aren't going to be wearing anything that has a bow on it for next Spring/Summer. However, it doesn't all have to be floral and flouncy. This time around there were only subtle accents of bows incorporated within these outfits. For example No.21 only added little white and black bows onto the tops of their heels. Fausto Puglisi also did the same, but a little more statement with the bows layered on top of one another and created in bright colours ... creating a more punk vibe styling the heels with black mesh socks. But for the girly girls, look no further than Antonio Marras who featured bows on shoes, around the waist and tied around the arms. 



Sports Wear:
A lot of sports gear graced Milan Fashion Week with collections ranging from head-to-toe sportswear or just a few garments that repeated themselves. Versace had to be a favourite of mine, creating revealing sexy dresses using drawstrings and nylon fabric ... Something I don't think anyone has tried before. I also loved the plum, green and navy colour palette together which made for some attractive and stand out tracksuit bottoms, leggings and tight t-shirts. However, designers such as Giorgio Armani and Bottega Veneta chose a certain sportswear garment to carry the trend on, which were the Bermuda shorts. The effortless style of Giorgio Armani's collection is definitely one to browse through for inspiration on the sports wear trend. 


Throwback of Eras:
Now with many of the collections I thought I had been throw back into the 70's or 80's with the boho vibes that surrounded us during Milan Fashion Week. Firstly, Gucci presented a very 70's vibe collection with the big-hit flares, platform shoes and frills. Another designer was Roberto Cavalli who also went for the 70's look giving more of a hippy vibe with patchwork garments, neck scarves, flares and boho ruffle skirts and dresses. Whereas, Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini threw us back to the eighties with asymmetric layered ruffles and chunky statement waist belts. But I must admit I have always appreciated a good pair of flares ... 



A few other things I noticed at Milan Fashion Week was colour blocking but particularly colour blocking within the same garment, especially seen by Emilio Pucci. 
Although there were a lot of sports wear, themeing also seemed to be a thing ... especially safari and military look. 
In regards to shoes, flatforms and gladiator sandals made a return on the catwalk.

My Favourite Collection:
Now for the hardest part ... my favourite collection. Once again there were many garments that I particularly liked within collections such as: Gucci's jellyfish print coat, Francesco Scognamiglio's luxe lingerie - especially the pearl drops and lacy shorts and Attico's exotic animal theme. But there was one collection which really stole my heart and that was Fendi. I love everything about this collection including the utilitarian stripes, sock boots, brocade print, organza blouses with scalloped edges and not to forget the little bags with beautifully decorated straps. There was also a show stopper garment for me which was the yellow and maroon fur gilet (Picture 1 below) ... I am truly and utterly in love with this gilet. I think this has to be my favourite collection so far from fashion week. A truly beautiful collection which isn't surprising when Karl Lagerfeld is involved. 


Just one more fashion week left and then it's all over, but I am extremely excited for Paris Fashion Week. As I am going to Paris this weekend my blog is going to be bombarded with everything French, but hopefully I will get some really good content for some outfit blogs so stay tuned for that. 

Chelsea x 

All photos used are copyright @ Vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment