Thursday 6 October 2016

OVERVIEW OF PFW SS17

And there it is, another Fashion week finished ... and might I say my favourite because during Fashion week I went to Paris and I can now well and truly say I love everything that has to do with Paris. It was beautiful, but I will be doing a separate blog post about that trip over on my travel page very soon. Back to Fashion week ... and what a week it was! 

As always lets begin with the trends I spotted during Paris Fashion Week:


Reveal All 
The more revealing the better. Wondering why Kim K hasn't been wearing a bra and dressing more daring than usual? She got the memo early ... Having mentioned earlier that bras/bralets had already been a trend on the catwalk, Paris took it the extra mile to no bras at all. Now if like me, you're thinking no chance am I baring all out in these streets, not to worry we don't have to. Although on the catwalk, freeing the nipple is acceptable, I don't quite think we are going to get that reaction in reality (although sometimes I wish I could just walk around naked some-days). But it doesn't mean this trend is completely a no-go. I know I keep rambling on about layers, but with trends like these it is key (unless you want to get your boobs out that is). 



Beach Vibes
Are we all thinking, finally a trend that actually makes sense for SS17 that doesn't leave sweat patches and make me feel like I've been stuffed into an oven? I know, what we do for fashion and to be 'on trend'. But finally ... beach wear! Look no further that Miu Miu to hit the nail on the head for this trend, every outfit was giving us beach/swimming vibes especially the embellished caps and seashell heels (I want them now!). It was a great time to showcase the beachwear as the winter chill sets in, reminding us all that we need a holiday pronto.


Let it shine 
Shine bright like a diamond ... what girl doesn't want to? Well we don't have to wait anymore. There was a lot of metallic that took us from New York straight through to Paris, however during Paris fashion week there was a shine on the clothes that dazzled the audience. Everything from tops to jumpsuits to trousers, combine the whole outfit to create one eye-blinding outfit. You can just see it now, the sun reflecting off your clothing and blinding pedestrians ... well it's a way to get some attention that's for sure. I particularly loved Maggie Marilyn's silver midi ruched skirt for a daytime look (as you can tell from my instagram I am loving everything silver at the moment) and Mugler's cut out bodycon dress to carry on the dazzle through daytime to night. 


Eighties return 
Now the 70's always makes a return on the catwalk, but this season it is the retro 80's. Everything that an 80's girl could ever dream of, which is really just an overall round up of all of the trends for SS17. We saw ruching, leather, metallics, exaggerated shoulders and block heels. A favourite of mine was Kenzo's nylon tracksuits paired with some very statement hoop earrings and a bum-bag (how more 80's can you get?), not to mention Balenciaga's broad padded shoulders throughout the entire collection. But if it's 80's glam you're after Isabel Marant's red metallic mini dress stole the lime light.


My Favourite Collection:
Once again there are so many collections that I loved, but to narrow it down once again were three special ones. Firstly, I have always been a massive fan of Alexander McQueen because year after year the collections act as a piece of artwork, each collection looks like haute couture with immaculate details. This year I loved the contrast of the feminine tiered and knitted floor length dresses styled with heavy metal-ware and clumpy biker boots. As well as the plaid suits and embroidered leather jacket. Secondly, was Yang Li's collection which remembered me a lot like David Koma's collection which is maybe why I took a shine to it. The leather pants with lace up cords, raw hem, open spaced bead dresses and oxblood hot pants and jacket where just a few things that stood out for me. Finally, we have Fenty X Puma ... I mean how can I not adore this collection because I adore Rihanna. Personally, if I could pull off and afford these items I would purchase the whole collection. The pale pink sheer anoraks and brocade boiler-suits were to DIE for. The different proportions and cuts of the clothing made this whole collection unique and I loved the little details such as the frilled hems on the cycling shorts and the pearl anklets. A collection which completely contrasted against her last collection, but perfect for SS17 (I think I'm going to have to go with Fenty X Puma as a final fav).


I hope you guys have liked these overviews as much as I have loved writing them. Keep an eye on my social media, as I will have some outfit posts from Paris up in the next couple of weeks and a travel post about what I got up to in Paris. 

Chelsea x 

All photos are copyright @ Vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment