Tuesday 13 September 2016

FASHION FAILS.



I thought I would do something a little bit different and fun for you guys, which could be a major throwback for a lot of you. Lately I have been busy trying to sort my life out for when I go back to Uni in just under a week, therefore I haven't had much time to go out and shoot some outfits. However, I didn't want leave it weeks until I posted again and I have been seeing so many vloggers post videos of 'How I did my make up in high school'. Therefore, I thought I would do something different (as I didn't wear make up in school) and show you my fashion fails from when I was younger. If many of you are around the same age as me, you may know exactly what I am talking about. 

1. Flares
I mean this isn't a massive fashion fail as flares have made their way back into fashion and I actually have a pair sat in my wardrobe right now. However these aren't just any kind of flares I was obsessed with, they're ombre flares ... yes that's right. I remember I used to LIVE in these flares, to the point where I frayed the bottom so much my mum had to chuck them out (although that frayed hem would be in trend right about now) and I was devastated. They were my go-to denim that I wore when I wanted to feel 'cool', RIP ombre flares. 

2. The waist belt 
I mean the waist belt is essential nowadays and everything on the catwalk is clinched in at the waist with a chunky belt. However, when I was younger I wore a waist belt with EVERYTHING. Even when a top didn't need a waist belt because the belt wouldn't contribute anything towards the outfit, I still stuck on a waist belt. I don't even think I tightened it up that much, just let it hang loose. Ohhh and it wasn't just me, I remember some of my friends would wear a plain black top and style it with a white belt around the hips, I have a photo but I don't think they would appreciate it. However, I was always about the waist belt and this brown belt in particularly.   

3. The bandana neck scarf/Handkerchief scarf
I think this has to be the funniest 'trend' from when I was younger because it makes me laugh how many people used to wear these scarves. I don't even know where to begin but everyone from myself to my mum used to wear these things. I think I just used to wear them to make an outfit more interesting and just have something there, but my god they look awful. I remember the black and white one was a personal favourite and one of the points/edges of the scarf had to be draped in the middle ... there was no other way! 

4. The 'slogan' tees
Now this is by far the most cringe-worthy 'trend' of them all. WHY OH WHY!?!? I remember going into Tammy Girl and Primark with my best friend looking for matching 'slogan t-shirts' to wear together. At this point I was so anti-boys I would buy anything that blatantly made this obvious like this 'friends are forever, boys are whatever' top (I'm dying). I had so many that I would wear them on a regular basis with some straight cut jeans thinking I was the bees knees. Another favourite was 'I have my dad wrapped around my little finger'. Why did shops allow kids to buy these? 



I hope you guys enjoyed this throw back of a post, please comment below if you can relate to any of these fashion fails or if you had any yourself? I would love to hear that it isn't just me that cringes when I look back on my younger days. 

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment