Sunday 4 September 2016

TAKE ME TO CHURCH.

 Top - H&M / Jeans - ASOS via depop / Boots - Ego / Bag - Zara











I know what you are thinking ... more ruffles??? I have to admit I am taking this trend seriously. Autumn/Winter is fast approaching us and I don't know about you guys but I hate the dark nights and dreary weather ... but Autumn/Winter is by favourite time for dressing, therefore I have to dress to impress my mood. All the shops are starting to release their A/W collection and there is a million things on my wishlist. 

But this turtleneck was the first thing that I had to purchase to begin my A/W wardrobe. I absolutely love turtlenecks as I think they're so flattering for my shape, as I have a small chest and I have quite a long neck. However, the extra-wide long sleeves was what did it for me ... I mean you don't even have to wear gloves because they cover your fingers (yep, not the best for going to the toilet in but it's something we have to deal with). It's your basic turtleneck but with a twist and that's what I like about it, it's unique and an impressive find for the high street. An on-trend piece that can be worked into anyone's wardrobe. 

Lets talk about these jeans. For years now I have been in a funk when it comes to buying jeans, I don't particularly like 'wasting' my money on your same old skinny and mom jeans. Therefore, I have found myself living in culottes because for me I can style them in a variety of ways and they just never seem to get boring (plus they'e cheaper). So recently I have been trying to take a break from jeans, but then I saw these flamboyant babies on Asos. I know they aren't to everybody's taste but that's why I love them. They have such a 70's vibe about them and the frilled hem flaps up and down when you walk so you literally feel like the baddest bitch around town. I had to pair the top and jeans together to really double up the ruffle which is blowing up A/W. 

What I love most about this season is the footwear, I am completely and utterly a heeled boot kind of girl. I appreciate the extra inches because I'm not the tallest of girls and they are actually more comfortable to walk in for me than flats. I mentioned these boots on my Shoe Wishlist post because they are a dupe of the Acne ankle boots which I have been lusting over for many months. As I don't have any nude boots and certainly don't own anything with a heel like these, I decided they had to join my collection (BTW THEY ARE NOW IN THE SALE). I can honestly say they are super comfy to wear as the heel is a suitable height to last you through the day without your feet dying. I really like how the light denim wash and nude compliment each other, a slightly summery palette but the contrast of the jumper adds an Autumnal vibe. 

I'm excited for more Autumn/Winter outfit posts and also FASHION WEEK as I will be doing a overview of each fashion week so stay tuned. 

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment