Wednesday 7 September 2016

NOT SO BASIC.

 Turtleneck - H&M years ago (similar alternative) / Lace dress - Topshop UNABLE TO FIND ONLINE (similar alternative) / 
Culottes - Topshop SOLD OUT (similar alternative)/ Boots - Topshop
Bag - Mango SOLD OUT (similar alternative)








What I really wanted to do for this post was a basic outfit but with an edge. Coming into Autumn/Winter sometimes we can all fall into that hole where we just throw on any pair of jeans that's closest to us and a plain tee because it's cold, dark and damn what miserable. Don't get me wrong I have those days were I wake up and throw on my most basic/comfortable outfit because I just can't be bothered and that's OK. But I wanted to create an outfit that is simple to wear but adds something unique to just a your ordinary turtleneck and culottes. 

So guys, who hasn't caved into the pleated culottes trend? I know I have, adding more and more to my wardrobe ... I mean how can anyone resist, they're super comfy, convenient and something different than just your plain old jeans. Now don't get me wrong they aren't basic but as a basic outfit for A/W I chose the pleated culottes and a turtleneck because they are my two go-to pieces. Now instead of just wearing these two together, creating layers within an outfit can make it much more interesting.

I found this lingerie lace dress in Topshop which I legit thought was a top/dress, but as I approached someone who worked there to ask if it was in the sale, before I said anything she made it clear it was lingerie after she saw me strutting around in it as a top. I mean each to there own, I like wearing lingerie outside OK. But that day I was feeling creative and styling it up with all kinds of things so I had to get it even though it wasn't in the sale (and was pretty expensive for a little bit of material). To be honest I have been wearing it a lot, if you follow me on Instagram you may have seen the picture of me wearing it on a night out. Although you can wear it on it's own with a lace bra underneath, it's also great to layer over top of outfits to add some sexy sass. I'm all about trying out new things and I love how one piece of clothing can completely change an outfit up. Unfortunately I can't find this particular lingerie dress online on Topshop, but I have linked an alternative that would work. You can get the same vibe by layering over a lace cami top or even better a velvet cami which is particularly on trend for A/W. 

For A/W I'm definitely going to be trying out some new things and layering up my outfits for sure as it is so bloody cold up north! I can't wait to get some inspiration from the streets during the fashion weeks. 

Chelsea x 


No comments:

Post a Comment