Friday 12 August 2016

A POP OF COLOUR


 Shirt - Zara / Top - Zara / Bag - Zara / Jeans - Bershka via Depop (similar alternative) / 
Shoes - Topshop (similar alternative)







What better way than to brighten up a dull day than to dress like a rainbow!? Recently I have found myself buying more colourful items rather than just your bog standard monochrome pieces (which by all means I am not bashing because during A/W this is all I will be wearing). I think it might be the occasional sunny days that the UK has graced upon us. 

This outfit was inspired by this white shirt from Zara. Before I purchased this shirt I did not own one single long sleeved white shirt in my wardrobe (I know, how did I survive?) so I went on an online hunt to find one. For some reason I am really picky with shirts, I don't like thin material but I don't like stiff material, I don't want it too short but I don't want it swamping me ... so needless to say it has been a nightmare trying to find the perfect shirt therefore I just gave up trying. BUT ... I was browsing Zara online and I came across this perfect oversized white shirt with a little edge. It is a structured material but still has some flow to it, it is oversized enough that you can tuck it into your jeans and it has this cute little patches on the side which are all the rage right now, so whats not to love? 

Whilst hunting down this shirt in store to try on, I came across this metallic vest top ... The colours were what caught my eye and I am still debating on whether to get the pink one. I picked this top up because it glams up any basic outfit. On those days where you just want to throw on a pair of black jeans and boots, adding this top will instantly make it look more glamorous, plus the colour is amazing. Then on the way out I spotted this bag and had to get it because the texture feels like VELVET ... Yes, I know. It is smaller than I would usually go for, but it fits all of the essentials in. The silver chain detail and the texture makes it look so much more expensive than what it is and it is a dark navy which goes with so many different outfits.

To add just a few more details to this outfit I paired the shirt with these fringe jeans. The different styles of jeans coming out on the high street at the moment are crazy, I have at least 3/4 pairs on my wishlist. But I couldn't resist these jeans when I found them on depop for £18 and in my size. Finally, to make the red patches stand out on my shirt I paired my red Topshop glove shoes to finish off the outfit. 

I kind of just through all of these items together to create a colourful, quirky outfit and I actually really like this outfit. Definitely brightens up a stormy day. 

Thank you for reading,

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment