Monday 15 August 2016

SHOW ME SOME SHOULDER

 Top - SheinsideCulottes - H&M sold out (similar alternative) / 
Trainers - H&M / Sunglasses - Vintage Shop (similar alternative)









When I saw the off-the-shoulder trend hit the Spring/Summer catwalk I knew it was a trend that I was going to be rocking throughout Summer. I think it has to be one of the most flattering trends of all time, well for me anyway. To be honest I thought I would have more off-the-shoulder tops in my wardrobe but once again it seems that my high maintenance mind has shrugged off most of the ones appearing on the high street. I know it's just an off-the-shoulder top but before the trend hit the nation I imagined balloon sleeves, head-turning tops ... and to be honest I haven't been able to find that on the high street without spending over £100 which I'm not willing to do. But then I saw this top on Sheinside with its oversized floaty sleeves and split detail in the centre to show a sneak peek of whatever you are wearing underneath, I couldn't resist. The light blue tone is perfect for summer and the quality is really good for the affordable price. 

In order to create an ideal summer colour palette, I paired my nude satin culottes with this top as I love how the light blue and nude compliment each other. I also like how the culottes give this look a more androgynous feel, contrasting with this feminine top. As you should all know by now I am all about feeling casual and comfortable for most of the time, therefore I had to top this outfit off with my new trainers from H&M which arrived today and I simply adore.

For a while now I have been iffing and rring as to whether to purchase some Stan Smiths because I really need to add some trainers into my shoedrobe ... but seriously £80? So I have left it and left it because I just couldn't justify the price. Then I came across these trainers browsing H&M and they were exactly what I was looking for and were only £19.99!!! now that is more like my price. They came today so I had to pair them with this outfit to give it an even more casual vibe. H&M is absolutely KILLING it at the moment so I had a little splurge on their newest collection which will be featured on juxxtastyle in the next couple of weeks. 

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment