Friday 26 August 2016

THE WHITE FRILL SHIRT

 Frill Shirt - H&M / Jeans - Bershka Via Depop (similar alternative) / 
Shoes - Topshop SOLD OUT (similar alternative) / Bag - Zara 










As we all know ruffles and frills have become a very popular trend for AW16 and are filling up the high street stores rapidly. Some of you may not be feeling this trend as some items are very statement, but there are some subtle pieces on the high street for those of you who still want to keep in with the trend but not be bombarded by ruffles. But if you hate the trend, there are many more which will be to your taste. 

However, I am really enjoying this trend. What better way to balance out my big hips and thighs than to wear a dramatic, statement top? Most of the time I keep it pretty simple with my bottom half, therefore I do like to go all out with tops, jackets etc. H&M are seriously creating some killer pieces at the moment and for me they are definitely the first stop for ruffles, frills and more ruffles. This blouse really stood out to me because it isn't really girly and is a timeless piece. I mean some items on the high street at the moment are seriously just a fast fashion piece which will come and go with the trend. However, a white frill shirt is more of an investment piece which will last in your wardrobe for years even if the trend does end. The little details such as the frills running over the shoulder and down the back, along with the stand up frill collar and buttons down the middle makes this blouse even more awesome ... plus the model completely sold it for me with her badass look. 

I have paired this blouse with my fringe jeans from Bershka which I got for a bargain off depop. However, you could pair any style of jeans with this blouse because the blouse is what completes the outfit. During AW16 I would even style this blouse with a turtleneck to layer up, pairing with either some simple jeans or a biker skirt. There are so many options and I am definitely going to be playing around with this baby. 

You will definitely be seeing some more ruffles and frills over on Juxxtastyle as I have another special top from H&M which I am so excited to style. Stay tuned ...

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment