Friday 29 July 2016

THE PLEATHER SKIRT

Jacket - Primark / Top - New Look / Skirt - New Look
Blouse around waist - Asos (see my Vogue Festival post for full picture) /
Boots - Public Desire / Bag - Guess









What inspired this outfit was this beautiful pleather skirt from New Look. I hardly have any skirts in my wardrobe and if I do they are normally midi skirts. I don't know why but I don't really like wearing short skirts out and baring all, unless I'm going out (clubbing, dancing whatever you want to call it). But when I saw this skirt I loved it so much I had to get it in two different colours ... and I am eyeing up a new colour that has come out!

Yes it is very simple but that is what I like about it, the colour and material is what stands out and because of it being minimal you can exaggerate your upper half and add layers as I have done. 

Then I found this top which I was instantly drawn too when I walked into the New Look, it was cute but at the same time kind of risque as you can see your bare skin underneath the panels ... and it has a high neck which is just a plus in my books. This is unusual for me because I don't usually shop at New Look as I never really find anything I like, therefore for the past few years I have always skipped going inside. So I have my sister to thank for these finds because she wanted to go in to look at the sales. 

The combination of white and pink is beaut, therefore I had to style these two pieces together. To play around with the textures and create a more interesting outfit by adding multiple hem lines, I wrapped around my satin pyjama style blouse around my waist. I love adding different shades of the same colours into an outfit to create a subtle contrast, therefore I styled my Guess bag with the outfit to add another hue of pink (for more info on this bag check out my American purchases post). To add another layer I threw over this grey jacket from Primark to match these badass perspex ankle boots (seriously the most comfiest boots ever).

I hope you guys liked this post, I have to say this outfit is definitely a favourite of mine and I was feelin' myself.

Thank you for reading,

Chelsea x


No comments:

Post a Comment