Friday 19 August 2016

LINGERIE DAY

 Top - Topshop (Also another one I'm loving - Asos) / Skirt - Topshop SOLD OUT (similar alternative)/ 
Bra - River Island / Shoes - Public Desire / Clutch - Primark









Well, well, well ... I have to say this is far from my casual, comfortable usual style. This outfit was inspired by the lingerie look that took over the runway during SS16, I mean who doesn't have a slip dress in their wardrobe at the moment? But instead of styling a slip dress I wanted to style this top because there are so many mesh/see through tops available on the high street, but sometimes you think 'how the hell can I work with this?' ... trust me we have all been there. 

When I saw this top I fell in love with it, it's risque but the frills and detail gives it a girly edge. It is such a versatile piece, but I have chosen to go the full way with the risque look which is perfect for a night out or even a date night if you've got the balls. If you want to go the full lingerie look, I would advise picking a dainty detailed bra so you can really take advantage of showing off the detail in the bra and the top, just like this lace triangle bra from River Island (Urban Outfitters also do some amazing ones). However, there are so many other ways to style this top. You can layer it over a plain dress, slip under a nude crop top and rock it with some jeans, even throw over a low cut jumper during A/W to show off the details of the frilled neckline (which is what I will be doing). 

Onto the bottom half, what better way to complete this look than with a satin slip skirt ... I mean can we get anymore bedroom attire?? I actually had a fighting battle with this skirt because I tried it on once and hated it (it was one of those days where everything just looks crap on you), then saw it again fell back in love and decided to give it a second chance ... as you can see it worked out between us. I have nothing like this in my wardrobe and I am loving everything satin at the moment, plus it was £8 in the sale! It is definitely a skirt which shows off your lumps and bumps; you might be able to see a pouch from my Panini I had before taking these photos, rookie error; but that is expected with the material. If you want to avoid showing your food baby to the world, LAYERS. Once again it is a super versatile piece which can be layered with oversized jumpers, shirts, even a plain tee and some trainers for a casual look. But I have styled it with this outfit because the satin-like material really gives offer a sex appeal, which is perfect for this risque look. 

This was definitely a fun outfit to shoot with many strange looks, but if you are going to rock this look you've got to be confident. I hope you enjoyed this post, I certainly did. 

Chelsea x

No comments:

Post a Comment