Thursday 14 July 2016

DATE NIGHT

Firstly, I just want to apologise as I said on my instagram that this blog post would be up a couple of days ago but it's been a bit of a crazy week so sorry guys. Anyway, it's up even if it's a couple of days late. I thought I would create a sophisticated date night outfit vibe as I haven't done anything like this before. 


Blazer - Topshop / Lace top - Zara SOLD OUT (similar alternative) / Trousers- Zara SOLD OUT (similar alternative) /
Shoes - Zara / Clutch - Primark 


I absolutely love this blazer from Topshop because it is so versatile. I have paired it with a lace Zara top underneath because it adds that delicate detail to the outfit and adds a touch of promiscuity which we all want a little of ... especially when it's date night. However, if you want to be even more risque you could just wear the blazer as a top with the help of some ever so useful tit-tape. This is why I adore this blazer because it can be worn on its own, layered over a top or worn as a throw-on jacket to add some sophistication to an outfit. 



Although this blazer styled with matching tailored trousers would be bad-ass, unfortunately I don't have the matching trousers therefore I paired it with my green velvet trousers to create more of a casual feel ... because by now you should all know that my outfits always have that one casual piece. 

It was so damn hard to capture the green to these trousers because the colour only appears in certain lightening, otherwise they just look black. Playing around with different textures and colours is what styling is all about and I love how these trousers add a pop of colour to a basic monochrome outfit, plus they are so comfy (perfect to hide a food baby).





This Blazer isn't tailored and has an oversized feel to it, therefore paired with straight leg trousers it makes the outfit look relaxed and effortless which is a look that I am loving this summer. But the little details such as the white leather pointed mules and black crocodile skin print clutch bring back the sophistication and elegance. 

For me this is an ideal date night outfit because you look put together and sophisticated, but the different prints, colours, textures of each piece adds character and some playfulness to the outfit. After playing around with this outfit, I will definitely be trying some new things out because at the end of the day life is too short to care about what other people think.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, 

Thank you for reading 

Chelsea x

No comments:

Post a Comment