Monday 18 July 2016

THE STATEMENT TOP


 Top - Boohoo SOLD OUT (eBay and Depop - 'boohoo bow top') / Culottes - Topshop
Shoes - Topshop SOLD OUT (similar here) / Fishnet Sock - Topshop
Bag - Mango









I have been looking for this top everywhere after seeing Emma Roche completely rocking it on her Instagram. Isn't it annoying when you see something amazing on Instagram and no one will tell you where it's from *cries* ... but luckily on this occasion Emma Roche had tagged Boohoo in her photo and kindly posted a comment with the link to it on Asos. 

However, I think I was too late to this bandwagon because it was all sold out on Asos! So me being me and not being able to settle until I found this top, searched everywhere on eBay and Depop. 

Originally I was looking for it in white, however I found it in black on Depop for only £13 so I couldn't say no. The black was just as creative and unique and unlike anything I've seen on the high street before so I couldn't miss out on owning this top. I literally can't believe boohoo made such an incredible, stand out top. I think Asos should bring it back because I know a lot of people missed out on buying this gem, however if you search 'boohoo bow top' on Depop or eBay you still might be in for a chance of stealing this beauty.

As you can see I am obsessed with this top, it completely makes an outfit more fun and individual. The material is really thick, almost like a neoprene or scuba fabric which gives it structure. Due to it being very cropped in the middle, I would suggest wearing a bra with it because when you raise your hands it does slide up your body and could reveal some things you want to keep under wraps (or you could maybe tape it down if you want to let loose).

I have paired it with my cherished culottes, which I'm considering getting in every colour because I seriously cannot stop wearing these as they just seem to go with everything. And to finish off this outfit I added a pop of colour with my red glove shoes and fishnet socks to give this outfit that extra edge. 

For a more evening look, I would pair this top with some burnt-orange wide leg trousers and black strap heels to really make a statement (try these Missguided wide leg trousers and Public Desire black heels to complete the look). 

I hope you enjoyed this post,

Thank you for reading

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment