Wednesday 29 June 2016

TRAVEL BUCKET LIST


Throughout my life I have been very lucky and blessed to have travelled to many different countries. During my gap year I was able to travel around Australia, New Zealand and Thailand for six months and since then I have had the travel bug. My bucket list is still extending everyday but here are my top five places I would like to explore within the next couple of years (hopefully):

1. BALI
I swear 2016 has been the year that everybody has escaped to Bali ... apart from me. After being exposed to the beautiful scenery it has to offer; thanks to Instagram and Facebook; it is now one of my top destinations to travel. There is one place in particular I want to visit and that is Jungle Fish in Ubud, it looks absolutely breathtaking and is only £5 entrance. Whilst in Bali I would also like to get a ferry or fast boat to Gili Trawangan ... why you say? Just google it, no words are needed. It looks like paradise, plus the ombak swing (the swing in the sea you may have seen everywhere on Instagram) is the perfect photo opportunity at sunset. 

2. TOKYO
Although I grew up in the countryside, I am a city girl at heart. The hustle and bustle of everything seems to put me at ease, especially when you get the opportunity to sit down outside a cafe with a hot chocolate (purely because I don't drink tea or coffee) and watch people pass by ... the perfect opportunity to get inspired by street style. Which is why I would love to visit Tokyo because their style brings me life, everything seems more quirky. Talking of quirky ... capsule hotels ... weird yet intriguing. Tokyo is like another world ... that I want to live in. 

3. GHANA
So one of my friends has just finished University and is volunteering in Rwanda for a month. It got me intrigued as I had never really considered doing anything like that so I did a little research. I came across Dream Africa Care Foundation which offer a variety of different volunteering programs, one in particular caught my eye - the Fashion and Design Project. You get the opportunity to help design different collections, attend fashion shows and visit fashion companies, gaining an insight into Ghana's culture. All you have to pay for is a return flight to Ghana and $300 a month which includes accommodation, food, laundry, toiletries and transport around Ghana. I have never been to Africa so to travel around Ghana as well as learning new skills and gaining an insight into their culture really sold it to me. I am considering booking this for when I finish University before reality hits and I have to find a job as I think it will look great for my CV considering I want to pursue a career in Fashion Events. 

4. ICELAND 
There was talk in our family that we were going to take a trip to Iceland over Christmas time this year, but I think that trip may be delayed for a while. However, it didn't stop me from researching frantically on google. First up, the northern lights. I mean who doesn't want to see the northern lights it would be a dream come true. But the the blue lagoon and the igloo hotels???? Seriously ... the cutest things ever! To do all of these things and to stay in these insane igloo hotels may take a couple of years saving ... but it definitely needs to happen. 

5. PARIS 
I know this might sound crazy because it is so easy to get from London to Paris, but I have been focusing more on long haul destinations recently (well the past couple of years) so I have never been. But it is still my dream to walk down the instagrammable streets of sweet Paris whilst eating macaroons and browsing designer shops. It is ridiculous that I haven't been to Paris really considering it is one of the best destinations for shopping ... but I am saving my money so I can seriously go to town ... literally.

Hope this gives some inspiration for summer, let me know where you would like to travel.

Thank you for reading,

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment