Saturday 25 June 2016

THE STRIPED SUMMER DRESS

So I'm not usually a dress person when it comes to summer, with one of the reasons being because even when the sun decides to shine in the UK, you can always rely on the wind to display some ass whilst walking innocently around town ... which I'm sure most girls can relate too. Therefore, I always go for my beloved culottes or some shorts (still an issue to get the right fit without your ass cheeks hanging out ... girls have it tough!!)


Dress - Zara  SOLD OUT (similar here) / Clutch - Primark / Shoes - Topshop (Similar here) / 
Choker - Topshop SOLD OUT (similar here)



Whilst browsing Zara with my sister she actually spotted this dress which I liked but not enough to grab it like the other 15 other items in my hand. But then I saw a women working in Zara wearing the dress I had to try it to see if it looked as good on me as it did on her. When I go shopping I do try to pick things out of my comfort zone to try on to see whether I surprise myself and actually like something I wouldn't usually wear. Although this wasn't out of my comfort zone to say, It was an item I wouldn't of chosen myself until I saw this women modelling it.







After the majority of the 15 items that I had previously picked were a fail and looked bloody dreadful, I thought what have I got to lose by trying this dress? As you can guess I loved it ... 
It really is the perfect summer dress, just the right amount of skin on show. Personally, I don't really like to get my legs out unless I'm on holiday; I'm not really sure why, maybe I feel more confident with a tan; so the length of this dress is ideal. It's the little details such as the raw hem, the exposed ribs and open back that makes this dress ... and obviously the stripes ... I mean you can't go wrong with some stripes in summer. 




I have paired it with this cute little clutch I found in Primark, the marble print had me as soon as I saw it ... it can be worn as a clutch or a bag as it has a gold chain attached (I personally prefer it without the gold chain). Such a cute bag and such a bargain, I think it was around £6/£7. I have also paired it with my All Saints dress to throw over and layer up for when the temperature starts to drop as the colours go well and I like the contrast of the different hem lines. 

You will definitely be seeing more of this dress on my Instagram over the summer months. 

I hope you liked this outfit post, 

Thank you for reading 

Chelsea x 

No comments:

Post a Comment