Tuesday 7 June 2016

I'M BLUE DA BA DE DA BA DI

I've got to say this has been one of my favourite outfits to wear at the moment, these bodysuits are the comfiest things ever! Aside from Pink I have been loving Royal blue, I forgot how much I loved the colour until I came across this bodysuit. 


I went with different colour hues of blue for this look, creating a contrast but not an obscene amount. At the moment stripes have taken over the high street, like every year pretty much. But when I saw these jeans at Topshop I knew I had to have them. 

Jeans - Topshop

When I first tried these on, I wasn't sure whether to buy them or not because they made my ass look flat ... and I'm personally not one for that 'flat ass' look. However, the thing with Topshop jeans, particularly the 'mom' style jeans are that they loosen after a while of wearing them. Usually I hate this, but with the 'mom' jeans I don't mind it because they look more relaxed and are less restricting (but the gaping around the waist is still kind of irritating, but nothing a belt can't handle). Anyway regardless of the style, the striped pattern made me purchase. They are a statement piece that makes an outfit. For a more formal look, I would pair them with a crisp white shirt and a pair of black heels.  

Mules - Sold out (Similar)

Bodysuit - Topshop

As you can see from these photos I was having way too much fun with this outfit, but I feel like these photos reflect the outfit. For me it is such a fun outfit and this bodysuit definitely adds to its electric vibe. What attracted me to this bodysuit first was the colour because normally I hate how bodysuits leave VPL's so I tend to stay clear of them. I made this one an exception because of the colour and I was surprised with how little VPL is leaves. It doesn't grip your ass when you wear it, to the point of cutting of your circulation because of the stretchy, relaxed material it's made out of. Obviously if you wear it with a tight fitting bodycon skirt some sort of VPL is going to show but with jeans and culottes none whatsoever. I was so impressed I had to purchase it in tan ... 

I paired my baby blue Topshop mules with this outfit in order to create another shade of Blue into the mix. With the weather being LUSH at the moment I thought they were appropriate ... but I am also limited with shoes due to not being able to bring my entire collection home for the summer (cries) ... I guess I will just have to buy some more. 

Lipstick - Mac Royal Matte

To finish off the 'blue' vibe I wore MAC's 'Royal Matte' lipstick which I luuuurve. I purchased this in Hawaii after it being sold out everywhere in the UK and I can understand why. It is the most amazing colour and I thought it was the perfect shade for this outfit. 

I hope you enjoyed this outfit, I think it is the perfect summer outfit for people who don't want to bare their legs but still show a bit of flesh. 

(Also I hope everyone remembers the song reference from the title of the post) 

Thank you for reading, 

Chelsea x 


No comments:

Post a Comment