Wednesday 17 February 2016

THE YETI COAT

So whilst browsing on ASOS over the christmas period I came across this absolutely insane Religion coat. I didn't make any rash decisions at first because I will admit I am a coat hoarder and currently have 9 coats in my wardrobe, but what more is one more aye? If I wasn't staring at it on ASOS I was thinking about it, so I knew I had to have it. 






I'm always looking for pieces that give a plain outfit a bit more of an edge, especially for those early mornings at University where you just want to throw anything on. This statement coat is perfect, you can wear an all black outfit underneath (or monochrome as I have styled it) and by adding this coat it makes your outfit 100% more daring and visible. Over the years my wardrobe has toned down in colour, especially through the winter months, so I personally like to incorporate colour into an outfit through a coat or jacket. 

If you don't feel comfortable wearing a coat that stands out this much ... or you aren't feeling the colours of this coat, Religion also do an equally beautiful light grey colour which is more subtle but still makes an simple outfit feel trendy (and keeps you super warm). 

Oh also guys; I know I may be late on the bandwagon; but for any of you that haven't watched 'Iris' on netflix I would highly recommend watching it. She is such an inspiration and really makes you question why we care about what people think. 

A little inspiration from the lady herself to finish this post off:
'If you make a mistake in what you put together, the fashion police aren't going to haul you into jail' - Iris Apfel 

Chelsea x


Shop the look:
Coat:(Unfortunately I can't find this particular coat on the Asos website anymore so I have linked some alternatives):
Shoes - Topshop (No longer sold) 
Top - Missguided turtleneck (alternative as the one I'm wearing isn't online)



No comments:

Post a Comment