Saturday 27 February 2016

BARING THE SHOULDER

Top - ZARA / Culottes - ZARA (similar) / Shoes - MISSGUIDED (similar) / Bag - MARC BY MARC JACOBS (similar) / 
Coat - H&M (similar)







As you may already know if you have read my latest London Fashion Week Overview I have been loving the 'show-your-shoulder' look. As a girl with bigger hips, baring my shoulders really does flatter my figure and it's a subtle way to show a bit of skin off without revealing too much. So when I saw this unusual cut out, strap crop top from Zara I was instantly drawn to it and I knew it would become a welcomed piece in my wardrobe. 

What I particularly love about this top; other than the cut; is the two different types of material. The body of the top is a much stiffer material giving the top some structure, whereas to contract the sleeves are a lighter, more fluid material allowing the material to drape down the arms creating the perfect silhouette. 

I have paired it with an oversized unstructured coat, a pair of my beloved culottes and block heeled shoes (it's very rare you will ever find me in stiletto heels) to create a casual, easy everyday look - which I particularly love because aint nobody got time to dress smart when you go to University. 

But keep your eyes peeled for my next outfit post, lets just say it's far from casual. 

Chelsea x 




No comments:

Post a Comment