Sunday 31 January 2016

DUBAI | LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION STYLING COURSE

So although I went to Dubai in February 2015, I thought I would share with you my experience because it was the most incredible thing I have ever done and it gave me the confidence to create this blog. 

A little view from the restaurant at Vida Downtown Dubai
Cruising in style to Dubai mall ... before we got lost and ended up in the middle of nowhere




Sitting at my desk at an Events company I realised this internship wasn't fulfilling my needs, I wanted to do something completely different ... challenge myself. Always having an interest in fashion I decided to do some research on fashion courses. The first thing that caught my eye was London College of Fashion which had so many different courses to offer. I decided that I wanted to go with a Fashion Styling course as I've always been influenced by personal style and wanted to gain more knowledge in styling. With the courses starting at different times of the year the 'Principles of Personal Fashion Styling 1' (the course that took my fancy) was next due in February ... but in DUBAI!! Coming to the end of my internship in January it was actually the perfect time for me to jet set off into the sun ... however the not-so-friendly cost was a big issue. Fortunately, last year was my 21st birthday and my family decided that if this was what I really wanted they would pay for me to go to Dubai and pursue this course (but was also a good excuse for them to come and join me in the second week). 

To be honest, it felt a bit daunting flying to another country and participating in a course which I had no previous experience or knowledge in. But that was the great thing about it, it's open to anybody who is over 18 years old and you don't need any qualifications just a keen interest. I booked into the hotel Vida Downtown Dubai as that was where the course was being held at the time and WOW ... There are no other words. This hotel is GLAM ... Just like Dubai. I was overwhelmed with the room service, pool, everything and to top it off during our course the hotel put on a little buffet for us to tuck into during our breaks. I cannot recommend this course enough, being the only individual who was English within our group, I was welcomed with open arms. Everybody was super friendly and Polly Holman who teaches the course is a total inspiration and really creates a great atmosphere for everybody. I made some great friends whilst doing the course and I seriously didn't want it to end. 


If you have a keen interest in fashion I would definitely recommend London College of Fashion' short courses, obviously I don't know what the others are like but I have done both the Principles of Personal Fashion Styling 1 and 2 and I learned so much throughout these 10 days. If you're thinking 'I cannot afford to go to Dubai are you crazy!?' you don't have to. You can do the courses in London which are literally half the price (which I did for Principles of Personal Styling 2), but you don't quite get the luxury ... lets put it that way ... but still just as amazing with incredible people. Sorry there isn't much content about the course itself, but a lot of the things you get given are confidential, but I have left the links below so you can check them out for yourself.


I hope you guys enjoyed this post and it helped anyone who is considering doing a fashion course... DO IT! (By the way this isn't advertised, I just think it is a great opportunity for people who are interested)


Chelsea x 


PRINCIPLES OF PERSONAL FASHION STYLING 1  (In Dubai) / PRINCIPLES OF PERSONAL FASHION STYLING 1 (In London) / VIDA DOWNTOWN DUBAI (However the Dubai courses now take place in Dubai Design District, so you may want to research a closer hotel if you would like to walk there)

No comments:

Post a Comment