Monday 29 February 2016

OVERVIEW OF MILAN | FASHION WEEK

I can't believe we are nearly at the end of another season, so below are just some of my favourite collections from Milan Fashion Week. 


ALBERTA FERRETTI 
Ever since I saw Celine's SS16 collection I have been obsessed with the lingerie/bedtime look, so it was only natural that I instantly feel in love as soon as I saw this lime green silk slip dress when it hit the runway. The silk material clinging to the body with the delicate lace holding the dress together just makes this collection so glamorous and seductive. It's an effortless but chic look that every girl needs, the type of look where strangers think to themselves "has she just got out of bed?" YES ...
however for all the girls who have mix match pyjamas like me, it's not so effective so maybe invest in a beautiful slip like this to reduce any embarrassment. And of course the head-to-toe velvet look was also a favourite look from the collection, including the fur scarves because it's still autumn/winter you know. 

MAXMARA
What stood out the most for me with this collection was how modern it felt, the wide legged boyish trousers, the oversized wide pockets, the up-to-the elbow gloves ... it gave off this 'I'm a strong independent women' kind of vibe. Badass. I love the variety of textures that have been patch-worked onto the clothing. The metallic bronzed ankle length coat, the striped fur jumpers and the knitted long sleeved playsuits are incredible. The range of colours allow any kind of women to embrace this feeling of confidence, whether it be an all black outfit or an outfit that speaks for itself.

VERSACE
Such a simple and striking collection. I have always been a massive fan of Versace, It just has such a unique presence on the catwalk for me and Donatella didn't disappoint. This collection had a lot of casual outfits, which I like because many outfits nowadays you look at and think "how the hell would I wear that?". The cropped ski-like jackets, the skin-tight high waisted trousers, the bands around the arms, the head bands, even the chokers styled with the mini dresses give it a sporty vibe. There are many plain pieces that could be styled with the items smothered in baroque print creating a number of versatile outfits. The zips up the centre of the ankle boots, the asymmetric cuts and the fur accessories paired with the handbags are just a few details that caught my eye. 

MARNI
Now this collection has character, oh wow. Every outfit was so eccentric, the U shaped cuts in the centre of the skirts, the mini dresses covered in tiny sprinkles of glitter that glistened in the light and the crazy amount of layering ... very suitable for the A/W season. Obviously the patterns added to these statement outfits, but the little details such as the ballooned sleeves with ruching just above the elbows along with the stiff cropped sweaters exaggerated the outfits. Obviously the discs of plexiglass didn't go unnoticed as they neatly created a broad line across a cream unstructured crop sleeved top. This collection are for the days you want to take control and be noticed ... and boy wont you do that with the amount of pattern, details and layering going on. 

Bottega Veneta
Simple and chic. The most wearable collection of all, the silhouette that every women desires. A feminine collection that could easily slot into a women's wardrobe offering luxurious pieces ... which I am seriously wishing I could afford right now. The fabrics allowed the clothing to flow, especially the beautiful pleats that definitely controlled this collection. One of my favourite pieces had to be the leopard print coat clinched in at the waist with a leather tie and paired with flowing wide legged black trousers and a neck scarf creating a strong fierce look (it kind of reminds me of Shania Twain back in the day). All the skirt hem lines hit just below the knee which added more sophistication to the collection ... so many luxurious items that a girl needs, but I will keep dreaming. 

I loved the collections at MFW, I can't wait to see what Paris has to offer. I hope you guys enjoyed reading, I would love to know what your favourite collections were. 

Chelsea x 


No comments:

Post a Comment