Tuesday 23 January 2018

SECOND SKIN

 Coat - I.AM.GIA / Top - H&M / Boots - Primark / Bag - Primark



Can we please just take a minute to appreciate this masterpiece. Why have I never owned a snakeskin coat before?! I've always badgered on about owning a statement coat as I really believe it can transform an outfit entirely. A coat like this can make a all-black outfit look BOSS, just by adding one item. 

I.AM.GIA is that brand that's in-between affordable and expensive but sometimes it's worth splashing out that tiny bit for a statement piece that's good quality. Buying clothes online is always hit and miss, but when the brand is international I'm always wary of purchasing anything as I quite frankly just can't be arsed with returning it (don't tell me I'm not the only one?!). Therefore, I just end up with something I don't want and can't seem to budge on depop. 

Anyway, once again the blame goes to instagram because my main browsing page was filled with bloggers/people wearing I.AM.GIA and looking pretty damn fine. I ended up caving and decided to take a browse which led to me dribbling over everything (and the models). It just so happened I found this coat right before Christmas and therefore got my dear Nan to buy it for me. It was a risk as I had never used the site before and there was only a size small left when I'm usually a size medium. But I decided to bite the bullet because I needed this coat in my life, right?.





As the brand is Australian it took a few weeks for the coat to arrive, but I seriously couldn't of asked for a better fit. It's not oversized enough to wear knitwear underneath, but as it's quite a thin coat anyway I would probably be more inclined to wear it when the weather gets a bit warmer. 

I played around with this outfit for a while and decided to go for a juxtaposed look, you know seems as the blog is Juxxtastyle an all. I styled it with all black to really exaggerate the coat, adding a slight grungey vibe with these biker boots. Then adding a complete contrast to the boots, I styled with this ultra-girly pink fluffy bag to really throw the look off. Pink and black has forever been debated together, but it does it for me and I think it's the best combination to really add contrast. 

If you are a bit more daring, style with an entire snakeskin outfit to create a more spice girl vibe (there is actually a matching bandeau and trousers on the site, thank me later). 

CP x



No comments:

Post a Comment