Monday 15 January 2018

THE WINNING COMBINATION





Green top - Topshop / Jeans - Topshop SOLD OUT (similar here) / Boots - Topshop / 
Coat - Miss Selfridge SOLD OUT (similar here)

Is it just me or has the green and pink combo been everywhere? I first spotted this unexpected combination when h&m featured their pink sweater with green writing on all over their mannequins, which quickly appeared on every bloggers Instagram page. If you know, you know. 

From high street sweaters all the way down to Gucci socks, it's fair to say green and pink was a winning combination by the end of 2017 and I am 100% behind it. I'm sure it's been featured on many occassions down the catwalk, but for some reason I have never thought to pair these two colours together until this year (WHY?!). 

If your mind is blown right now just trying to picture these two colours together Pinterest has got your back, just type in 'pink and green outfits' to witness the chicest of chic outfits. 

I gained so much inspiration from high end to high street that I decided to put my own spin on the fresh pink and green combo. Green doesn't usually make its way into my wardrobe but this green Topshop Boutique top made it's way into my basket, I think it was the unusual drawstring/ruched neckline that did it for me. By the way, Topshop Boutique have been reduced to incredibly affordable prices in the sale which is a bonus if you want to stock up on some high quality staples. So for £7 buying this top was a no brainer even though I wasn't sure how I was going to style it. 

To be honest it had been chucked underneath my bed still in the packaging until I stumbled across these fuchsia sock boots in my local Outfit which which were a one off price of £14 (even if they were a size smaller than usual, no pain no gain). To break up the colour I've just paired with my favourite relaxed light denim jeans for a more 'off-duty' look. To dress up this look, a pair of white tailored cigarette trousers would look ultra-elegant. 


CP x

No comments:

Post a Comment