Monday 8 January 2018

BLACK OUT

Vinyl jacket - Asos / Vinyl trousers - Topshop (sold out) Similar here / Bag - Primark 

It has been a very long time since I wore all black. So much so that when I started my new job I had to go out and purchase a few pieces because I was seriously lacking in that department of my wardrobe. 

There and then I decided I needed to change. The problem I've found myself in is that further into the development of my style I've become so overwhelmed with colour and prints that sometimes I lose sight of the colours that make up most people's wardrobes, which in some cases can leave me in a bit of a predicament. So as one of my new years resolutions (basically just an excuse to purchase more clothes) I've made it my goal to buy staple pieces that I can pair with almost everything in my wardrobe - enter the all black outfit. 

As my style has evolved I've learnt to build up an aesthetically pleasing outfit through the use of textures (no matter how dull the colour may seem, there's always light at the end of the tunnel). 

Vinyl is a must have for creating texture and quite literally adding some shine to your outfit, along with leather. As these materials can be structured and harsh, playing around with knitwear underneath is a great way to add some softness to your look. To 'break' up the black even more, the simplest of things can be done such as injecting a pinch of colour or adding a mix of jewellery which can really transform a look. To add a more sophisticated feel and less 'RocknRoll' just replace with a structured black longline coat and a baker boy hat (such a chic piece to add some inner Parisian vibes).

Get experimenting because 2018 is the year of one-tone dressing. 

CP x

No comments:

Post a Comment