Saturday 15 October 2016

THE SECRET GARDENS

 Mesh top - Zara / Trousers - Topshop / Shoes - Zara / Choker - Topshop / Bag - Zara








At the moment I have been obsessed with anything sheer and if you have read my fashion week overviews you will see that for SS17 this trend isn't going anywhere. They're such a fun addition to an outfit and there are so many on the high street at the moment. My favourite way to style them is by throwing them over a basic outfit to create some depth and sass to an outfit like I have done with this little number from Zara. This top stole my heart for many reasons, including the sequinned patches, the dropped hem at the back and the drawstring at the front which gives you the option to tighten it to create a ruching affect. If you haven't seen for yourself, patches are everywhere; particularly on jeans; but I'm not completely head-over-heels for the trend. However, this top was an exception and I think I was drawn to it because it doesn't have too many patches on, but just enough to dazzle people. If you are looking for some sheer pieces definitely have a look at Zara's website and Urban Outfitters also sell some incredible iridescent sheer slip dresses (which I may have to purchase).  

I was going to pair this top with my stepped hem jeans from Topshop, but throughout the day I was wearing a denim jacket and the double denim looked too much. Therefore, I opted for these pleated black trousers ... which are extremely comfortable! If you haven't seen on my Instagram, I already own two pairs of the Topshop's pleated culottes ... so when I saw these I thought they would be a great addition to my collection. I'm always looking for alternatives to jeans, don't get me wrong I love a good pair of fitted jeans but when I wear them everyday I start to get bored. These aren't culottes but they are cropped and the hem hits the ankles, also you can't see on these photos but at the waist they have a little black satin ribbon running through which you can tie into a bow (I think that is what did it for me). A staple piece which will last in my wardrobe for years. 

That's the last of the Paris outfit guys, I hope you enjoyed the couple of outfits and the impressive backgrounds. But now it's back to being in Leeds where I'm sure the weather wont be half as nice and nor will the backgrounds, but I will do my best. 

Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment