Wednesday 1 February 2017

THE PINAFORE

Top - Zara / Pinafore - H&M / Shoes - Topshop SOLD OUT (Similar here) /
Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs SOLD OUT






YAAASSS the Pinafore is back! ... I don't know if it is officially back in fashion but it is in my wardrobe. I can honestly say I have never owned a pinafore until now and that could of been due to me originally thinking it was culottes and not a skirt. But, anyhow I still fell in love with it and had to buy it. What first attracted me to it was of course the insane frilled straps, which may I add are DETACHABLE, yes ... that's right, you can also take off the straps and just wear it as a skirt. I love items like this which you can wear differently because quite frankly I don't have the funds to keep purchasing up-to-date items, although my Instagram could question that statement. But seriously, it's how you pair an item which makes people think you are constantly buying clothes and that's why I look for versatile pieces. 

With the straps on it adds character to an outfit and a 'trendy' look, particular as frills and ruffles have constantly been appearing on the catwalk (and I'm excited to see if this carries on for Fall). But without the straps you can just about pair any kind of top with this skirt and create a sophisticated/formal look which would be perfect for work. Even without the straps, the small ruffled trim around the waist really clinches it in and adds a feminine touch.

I've paired it with this Aubergine blouse which I'm obsessed with because of the colour!! Especially around A/W I love to wear deep cool colours such as plums and greens because I personally think they go better with my pasty skin tone, therefore I think this top is a perfect transitional piece. It has tiny frills on the end of the sleeves which I thought would work well paired with the frilled straps on the pinafore but at the same time doesn't overdo it, plus we all know that I am completely and utterly into the ruffle/frill trend (just look at my previous posts). To carry on the Aubergine/Plum colour vibe down the body, I paired this outfit with my Gucci-esque boots from Topshop. I was seriously eyeing up these boots for a good couple of months but I couldn't justify the original price of £79 I think it was, but patience was a god sent because I managed to bag them in the sale for £40! These boots are seriously comfy and as you can see I have already worn them in waaayyy too much ... but that's when you know you've got a good shoe buy. 

To finish off I added in my Marc by Marc Jacobs bag to add a little fun to the outfit and some subtle print-clashing, which I've really been trying out at the moment. 

I hope you liked this post guys, I will be doing some overviews again of the Fashion Weeks coming up so keep your eyes peeled to see what trends will be arriving for Fall 2017. 

Thanks for reading, 

Chels xx

No comments:

Post a Comment