Friday 27 May 2016

VOGUE 100 FESTIVAL

I'm back! I just want to say that sorry I have been MIA on my blog recently, I have been super stressed with exams and coursework to finish off my third year at University but I am finished and will be posting regular blog posts again. But what better way to come back than a blog post all about 'The Vogue 100 Festival'. 


Last year I attended Vogue Festival whilst I was living in London during my placement year and I absolutely loved it. Instead of walking around on my tod this year, I convinced my sister to come with me ... which didn't take much convincing. 


I'm sure every has already heard about Vogue Festival before, especially this year as they were celebrating their 100th anniversary! It's crazy how long Vogue has been going on for ... just today I was browsing in vintage shops and found a Vogue magazine from 1984 which was pretty darn cool! So for anyone who doesn't know what Vogue Festival is ... it is an amazing weekend jam-packed with talks from people within the industry, celebrities (as you may of seen everywhere, Kim Kardashian attended this year) and fashion role models, as well as FREE activities (Included within the price of the talk obviously as nothing is free in this life, apart from free domino's slices at freshers fair ... anyway). 


I had to include this picture because it makes me laugh! This is one of the activities that you can get involved in at Vogue Festival ... the cover shoot! You get to choose from a selection of accessories to model whilst being photographed by a professional ... I was rocking the Gucci tie, whilst my sister went for the more classic Chanel pearls and sunglasses. I will say this picture is definitely an improvement from my one last year ... lets just say I looked a spit image of Johnny Depp when he played Willy Wonka (yes ... it's on my instagram somewhere). This year they had brands such as Jo Malone, Bobbi Brown, Kerastase, Tom Ford giving make-overs, creating all kinds of crazy plaits, hand massages ... Everything a girl can dream of. 


This year I decided to attend Alexa Chung's Style Clinic talk with Derek Blasberg and Lauren Santo Domingo. With a particular interest in personal style, I thought what better talk to attend ... especially with Alexa Chung who I have always looked to for style inspiration. This talk was so inspiring, each of them had different opinions, views and it was interesting to get an insight into a man's perspective of the Fashion industry as it is predominantly run by women. What I love about Vogue Festival is the variety of speakers and talks they offer ...it isn't just about how to dress. They have talks that range from beauty, photography, fashion design, fashion journalism and so much more. 

If I were to give any advice on what talk to choose ... Don't just pick a talk because a celebrity is on the panel. As I said before Kim Kardashian attended Vogue Festival this year ... I'm sure the talk was really interesting especially as Charlotte Tilbury also joined her. However, if you are going to pay a lot of money you should at least attend something that is going to benefit you. If you are into fashion journalism, go attend that talk even if you don't know anyone on the panel because you will learn a lot more listening to something you are interested in rather than listening to something you may not understand. 

Boots - Public Desire 

Onto my outfit, I must admit I was pretty excited to wear this for Vogue Festival. Firstly, these boots are killer!!! OMG Public Desire did good, I literally want to purchase them in every colour because they are so comfy as well!! If you have be lusting over the Dior boots, these dupes are perfect and so is the price. I have had so many compliments whilst wearing these, especially because of the contrast heel.  

Blouse - Asos

When I first saw this blouse I was like YES this and my Public Desire boots are what I'm going to wear. So I know the 'pyjama' look has been a trend and I was never really sure how I felt about it. I was iffing and arring whether to get the black pyjama blouse from Topshop, then this popped up on Asos and it was the one for me ... especially as I am going through a 'I LOVE PINK' stage, which is so weird because I usually never like pink! But I ordered it and was praying that I liked it otherwise I was going to have to start again from scratch. Luckily it arrived and I was obsessed. The material falls beautifully, I would recommend wearing something underneath if its windy otherwise you may reveal things you want to keep under wrap. The only downside, this material picks up any kind of dampness ... yep, sweat patches! Not a good look for anyone, although the blouse is fairly loose underneath the armpits so I did manage to get away from that. Thank you Asos for creating such a beautiful piece ... another item that I received many compliments from and that I haven't seen everyone wearing. 


To finish off, just a panorama of the venue. This year Vogue Festival was located outside in a marquee structure which was really cool. Overall, the best weekend to begin my birthday celebrations. 

I will be posting a blog post next week featuring my new Michael Kors gladiators sandals I received for my birthday ... check out my instagram to get a sneek preview. Keep your eyes peeled. I hope you enjoyed this post, any questions please leave a comment below, thank guys. 

Chelsea xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment