Monday 25 April 2016

AMERICAN PURCHASES

As promised over on my instagram I am going to be showing you what I purchased whilst I was away in the USA. I have a little bit of of everything to show from beauty, perfume, accessories to clothing. I think I have tried all of the beauty products, therefore I can give you a heads up on whether I would recommend them. 

Firstly, lets start with the beauty products I purchased. 



Before I even arrived in America I knew I was going to have a massive blow out in Sephora because I had a list of things I wanted to try out due to other bloggers recommending them. To be honest most of the things that are sold in Sephora are now available to buy within the UK. However, I thought I would take advantage of being in America and not having to pay for those dreaded shipping prices ... plus I was on holiday and you have to treat yo'self. 

First up were Sephoras' Collection Cream Lip Stains, Estee Lalonde (Essie Button) had recommended them on one of her youtube videos. Personally, I have really dry lips so I find it hard to find lipsticks and lip stains that don't crumble on my lips after an hour. So once I heard these were the perfect lip stains that didn't dry your lips out I had to purchase ... I mean they are only $14 each!

(Left to right: Always Red, Blackberry Sorbet, Infinite Rose) 

I would have to agree with Estee, these lip stains are amazing. They literally stain your lips so you don't even have to worry about applying them every hour. They are super moisturising, after a while they do start to dry up but they don't start to flake off and crumble like so many of them do. TIP: be extra careful when applying because if you accidentally get it onto our skin it will stain. So just take your time and apply a second layer once you have the the outline sorted. But I would definitely recommend these, such good quality for a good price. 

I also purchased the Sephora Collection Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in Fancy Blue. This colour is absolutely amazing, I have uploaded a photo below so you can really get a feel of how bright this eye liner is. It is the perfect colour to jazz up an all black outfit and I had so many compliments when I wore it. It really is long-lasting, I had it on all evening and it did not budge ... honestly, even when it came to taking it off it was a struggle. Sephora is absolutely killing it, incredible quality and prices. 


When it comes to highlighting and contouring I'm not a massive fan. I don't really wear a lot of make-up and to be honest it just seems like a hassle to me. But I thought I would give highlighting a chance just to give my skin a bit of a glow. For me, it was between the hourglass highlighter which I have heard so much about and this Too Faced Candle Light Glow Powder. The packaging of this Too Faced highlighter just got me, it is so beautiful. I got it in the colour Rosy Glow as I am quite pale so I thought this would be a better match for my skin rather than the warmer tones. The colour is amazing, let alone the engraved design in the highlighter itself ... it is a little pot of heaven. It isn't too heavy and just gives a subtle glow on the cheekbones which is right up my street. A fairly pricey product but I think it is definitely worth it, a little goes a long way. 

I also picked up the Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Make-up Setting Spray whilst heading to the counter as once again I had heard such good reviews. Normally, I do struggle with oily skin especially on my T zone but I must admit after spraying this on my face once I have done my make-up my skin doesn't seem to look as shiny after a full day. I have only used it a couple of times, so I don't want to fully commit to saying it is the perfect product for oily skin but I can definitely see a difference.


Secondly, Accessories. 

I didn't even realise I had a little trend going on until I had all my accessories together ... Every single item is from Guess. I have never purchased anything from Guess before, but I am very impressed ... I think it is fair to say I will be a regular customer. 

Is it just me or is it really hard to find a pair of sunglasses? I was looking everywhere before I went away and I just couldn't find a single pair that suited me, so I gave up and decided to buy them whilst I was away. Whilst browsing in Macy's I came across these perfect Guess cat-eye sunglasses which were exactly what I was looking for. I tried them on and fell in love, they didn't dig into my nose (which I always have problems with), they didn't make me look like a bug and they were in the sale ... and had a funky leopard print box, wooooo! You may not be able to see in the picture, but the black print on the frames are textured with a velvet-feel to it ... I mean what is not to love!!! (Unfortunately I was unable to find these online as they were in the sale).


For ages I have needed a new purse, but it has come to my attention that I am very picky when it comes to finding a purse that I want to spend my money on. So when I spotted this beautiful baby at the airport in Atlanta I could of cried with happiness because it was THE ONE ... it only took a year to purchase a new one, but we got there in the end. Everything about it caught my eye, the colour, the pattern, the size ... everything. The quality is really good and the purse itself is sturdy, it doesn't feel like the popper could fall off at any given moment. It has a lot of compartments to put your change and cards in ... the only minor flaw is that it was a struggle to fit some of my cards into the flap. However, there are a couple of card holders near the change compartment which are bigger, so panic over.


In complete contrast to the purse, I purchased this minimalist, elegant, sophisticated Korry Rigid Guess handbag. I will admit until this season I was never really into pink, I'm generally not a girly person but with all of these pink satin bomber jackets hitting the high street I have jumped on that pink trend. I have been in search for a simple white bag and I thought these colours complemented each other so well and just made the bag look so much more expensive (although it isn't the cheapest bag). I salute Guess for the quality of their products, you can tell this handbag is good quality because it stands up by itself without the material caving in. It is very structured which adds to it sophistication and isn't the type to re-shape overtime. What I really love about this handbag is the embossed design on the front which matches the lining in the bag. The bag did come with a gold coloured charm on the handle, but to be honest I removed it as I thought it made the bag look cheap (but it is good that you have the option to remove it or not). Overall, a bag that I am really pleased with and that will definitely be staying in my closet for a long period of time. 




Thirdly, Perfume. 

When you go abroad it's just the norm to purchase a perfume from duty free. Before I went away I got my friend a Dior lip gloss and the sales advisor gave me a little tester for the new Poison Girl Eau De Parfum spray ... oh my god, it is gorgeous. I literally used up the little tester in a couple of days and I was gutted, so I planned to purchase a full bottle at duty free. I am somebody who always goes for a perfume that is sweet and Poison Girl is exactly that. A couple of sprays is plenty and I can literally smell it on my clothes all day. I have never had a Dior perfume before, so I thought I would treat myself and I'm glad I did because it is such a beautiful scent ... plus I have had compliments from people saying I smell great, which is always good to hear. 


Finally, Clothing. 

Unfortunately I didn't get to do much shopping whilst I was away, so I hardly purchased any clothing. However, when I saw Brandy Melville I thought I would have a little browse as I never see it stocked anywhere in the UK other than in London. I only purchased one item, but this top really stood out to me because I thought it was so unique. Usually I think that everything in Brandy Melville is very minimalistic and it is the perfect shop to get your basics, but this Leesa Silky Top is far from basic. The cut is what caught my eye, I absolutely love the deep V neck; which you see everywhere nowadays; but it is rare that you see it with any detail like this front tie. It is very deceiving as from the back it looks like a basic silver shirt, but when you turn around it is so elegantly revealing. Plus it is perfect for women, like me, who don't have much to offer in the cleavage department. 


I will try and do a styling blog post with this top so you guys can see it on and what kind of things I style it with.

I hope you liked my purchases, I have tried to link everything as closely as I possibly can throughout. Thank you once again for reading.

Chelsea xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment