Saturday 12 March 2016

DOUBLE DENIM


Coat - Topshop (similar) / Dress - Zara (similar) / Boots - Zara (similar) / Top - Topshop (similar) / Bag - Michael Kors (similar)






This is one of my favourite dresses to wear at the moment, so I thought it was about time I featured it on the blog. This dress is so versatile, it can be worn casually with a turtle neck layered underneath like I have styled it or it can easily be worn by itself with a pair of nude stilettos and a dainty necklace for a night out. The zip begins half way up the thigh, so it is perfect to show a little bit of flesh but still look elegant. 

At the moment I'm really feeling blue and grey together, so I took advantage of layering my glittery silver turtle-neck from Topshop underneath, along with a denim trench coat and denim boots. These boots are to die for, I remember seeing them in Zara and thinking I don't even care if I never wear these boots at least I can just admire them in my room ... which I often find myself doing a lot. I wasn't sure how I was going to style them, but when I found this little gem of a coat; which by the way was only £18 in the sale!!!!!!!; I knew I wanted to create a double denim look. 

Double denim can sometimes look very overpowering especially if it's a denim top and trousers and for some people it is a dreaded thought. But I think this look is more subtle, it doesn't look as heavy because the other pieces of clothing create different textures and colours; especially this Michael Kors patent bag; which distracts the eyes from this frightful 'double denim' look that everyone visualises ... we probably have Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake to thank for that. 

Sorry about the different types of scenery in these photos, I found these cute little bicycles outside a restaurant and I couldn't help myself. Also I apologise that none of these pieces are in stock any more but I have linked some really great alternatives that can easily be pieced together to create this look.

Thank you guys again for reading, I hope you liked this post. 

Chelsea x 


No comments:

Post a Comment